Sunday, July 13, 2008

On hopelessness

What's hopelessness? It's not about failing your exams, it's not about failing to get a girlfriend/boyfriend, it's not about dying. Rather it's a state when you don't believe in your own country anymore. When it slowly gets to a point where you do not even want to participate in anything with relation to the country, you will know what hopelessness is like.

I'm always questioned about my "quiet-ness". I wasn't like that a few years ago, it got progressively worse every year. There is no point in talking when you're just talking to a small insignificant audience. I guess I'm just a "singapore-weary" person. Class participations - What is the point? Can it really change anything? No. Talking about important things with friends. Most are too ignorant to even know.

Not to sound like a "diss-er" at work, but how can anyone be content with this small audience and influence?

And to confirm my belief, I've recently heard MM Lee talking about things which are almost non-sensensical in nature. I tell you, it really hurts, because all along I've been an ardent PAP supporter, not some SDP crackpot.

I tell you, this country is not doing as well as the leaders have painted it to be - picturesque, bright future. By looking at data and figures, you'll know what I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home