Wednesday, August 20, 2008

untitled..

I've noticed (together with others) for a long time that I have a certain flair when it comes to tech related stuffs. It somehow makes me feel sad a glorious at the same time when some people make me sound like a "geek".

Not trying to be arrogant, but most of the time I feel I can replace the school's network administrator anytime. Today I got so fed-up with the virtually 100% downtime school Wifi that I actually ran up to him to demand an answer...

Surprisingly he didn't have that typical "administrator's temper", instead he sounded kind. I pitied him. WHen asked about the downtime, he told me that:

Oh, the school network is down currently. I did something to the network and it cannot work now. GIve me a few days.


I wouldn't take such a non-technical answer, so I questioned him further. He feebly replied a "err" and set off to point the wifi antennae towards my laptop.

Wtf?

I can also confidently say that I can take on all the technical helplines (you know those DELL/ACER/HP helplines?). Most of them are sad. As in they are most of the time so pathetic that they read answers from a premade solution sheet. I know that because all the solutions are so generic, and hence only applicable to "lesser" users of the computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home